Closet light

Closet light

Lamp cord wiring like run on the wall is a serious fire hazard. Over the last 20 years or so the insulation on wiring like this is usually so dried out that touching the wire can allow it to fall off. Often we find wiring like this stapled into place with staples that either cut the conductors or in some cases actually put holes in the wire creating the potential for electric shock between the two staples.

Secondary to the acute fire and shock hazards posed by the lamp cord or zip wire is the fire hazard posed by the very hot light bulb being so close to combustible clothing with the closet. Compounding the fire hazard is the metal reflector on the light bulb directing the heat onto the highly combustible clothing within the closet.

Removal and or replacement of the wiring with permanent wiring and a proper safe closet light fixture are necessary in order to cure the existing fire and shock hazards that exist here.

Touch To Call Our Staff (973) 812-5100